Looking for friends around Baldivis area SOR Perth

Guest Freaks

Guest Freaks

So we have been here for 18 Months now. Before we set off on this adventure we had every intention of putting ourselves out there! and finding a new great social circle. But as with everything else (work mainly) it has been all to easy to sit back until you suddenly realize your life is not quite how you had planed it! We have some friends but they are all NOR which is just a little far to travel for a beer. (especially when you've had a few to many :wink:)

SO HERE COMES THE PLEA!

Friends now wanted SOR, nothing to heavy just the odd BBQ/get together with the obvious addition of beer & wine...

I am a plumber and turned 40 this year my wife is 41 although we still feel 30ish, young at heart! We have two Children a girl aged 15 and a boy aged 13.

If there is anyone out there who would like to meet up and see if we have anything in common we are more than up for it.

Cheers Rob.

Hey Rob, know what you mean about the 30's feeling thing!! It must be having teenagers??? We live in success, not quite as south as you, but equally not as far to drive:wink:from the north. My OH FIFO, we have one son (11) would be great if we could meet up sometime over a beer (or two).

Andrea

Guest daveandmarie

Hi Rob

We are a family of four we moved from the uk 9 weeks ago. We are living in Baldivis and are in a similar situation . We are both in our 40's and have two children aged 16 and 10. We would love to arrange a meet up for a few beers .

David and Marie

Guest brettsarah

Hi

We have been in Australia for 9 weeks and have been in Baldivis for about 4 weeks, would love to meet up for a drink and chat we are both 39 have a 17 yr old O/H is a carpenter

Sarah & Brett

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. It is good to get some quick reply's.

Can I make a suggestion of a meet at Chase Pub Baldivis Stockland on Saturday 5th November. This is by no means set in stone and only a suggestion, I am sure we can hammer the finer points between us. I think the Chase is family friendly, so no need for baby sitters.

Thanks again for the responses and we look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers Rob

Hi

We only moved to baldivis a few weeks ago and like you most of our friends are at least 30 mins away. Your situation seems exactly like ours. We are originally from Bristol and moved here November 2009. We have an 19 year old son and a 16 year old daughter We would be up for a meet up. What road do you live on?

Guest daveandmarie
Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. It is good to get some quick reply's.

Can I make a suggestion of a meet at Chase Pub Baldivis Stockland on Saturday 5th November. This is by no means set in stone and only a suggestion, I am sure we can hammer the finer points between us. I think the Chase is family friendly, so no need for baby sitters.

Thanks again for the responses and we look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers Rob

The Chase is fine by us, just let us know a time and we will be there if it's a go-er :cool:

Marie and Dave

Guest milliemoo

Hi Rob

We live in Baldivis, have been here approx 19 months, we are early 40's and have two girls aged 11 & 5. We would love to meet up, unfortunately we are away the weekend of 5th November:arghh:, but we can do the weekend after?

Hi all,

If any one else has any other ideas about meeting up, please let us know, we are open to whatever!

Or we can meet at an earlier date? but it will have to be at a later time after 5pm because of work!

Dave and Marie and anyone else who can make it. Can I suggest 4pm on Saturday 5th November. I don't know if they have any entertainment on that day but hopefully the weather will be good and the beer and wine will flow well!

So let us know who can make it? or if you would prefer an earlier time?

If you cant make this date don't worry, as I am sure we can all do it again soon!:wink:

If it all works out am sure there will be lots of BBQ's ect in the future.

Cheers again,

Rob and Amanda.

we are in Baldivis now and have children 7,7,11 has anyone thought of meeting up at a local park were there is a bbq then the children's can run around better just a thought we could be up for the chase as well i don't drink anymore..................b ut i don't drink any less either lol

Yup we would love to do a park .. picnic .. game of ball of some sort , can we gate crash ?? nice chilled out family friendly get too ?? bonfire night with a difference lol:rolleyes: what about steel tree Park on Settlers good for all ages if you bring a ball and barbies there as well ?

Guest milliemoo

Oh really peeved we can't make this one. How about if we start arranging now for another meet up at the beginning of December? We could make it a monthly meet :-) At the Chase again from 4.30p.m. - 5pm onwards - I will start a new thread for this meet.

Hi All,

I see a suggestion of a BBQ meet has been made, this would also be good, in the first instance I have had a couple of confirmations for the Chase so would like to try and leave that in place if I can. I also understand a pub may not suit everyone. If a BBQ picnic is arranged would it be possible to ask (cheeky I know) for it to take place on a different time/date as we would like to attend as well!

In the mean time we look forward to meeting those who can make the Chase.

Milliemoo hopefully December will be OK with us, will let you know nearer the time.

Thanks Rob

Guest daveandmarie
Hi all,

If any one else has any other ideas about meeting up, please let us know, we are open to whatever!

Or we can meet at an earlier date? but it will have to be at a later time after 5pm because of work!

Dave and Marie and anyone else who can make it. Can I suggest 4pm on Saturday 5th November. I don't know if they have any entertainment on that day but hopefully the weather will be good and the beer and wine will flow well!

So let us know who can make it? or if you would prefer an earlier time?

If you cant make this date don't worry, as I am sure we can all do it again soon!:wink:

If it all works out am sure there will be lots of BBQ's ect in the future.

Cheers again,

Rob and Amanda.

Hi Rob and Amanda

We will be at The Chase on Nov 5th

Cheers

Marie, Dave Liz & Joe

Hi guys, we are not over with you all yet but are hoping to settle in Baldivis when we come over in June 2012. It is great to hear there are a fair few like minded people over there. We too have a teenager who is reluctant to come with us so it is great to hear that you and yours seem to be settling well. We to are 41 but a lot younger in the head. lol George who is 17 (18 when we come over) into rugby league and anything sporty. James (24) who is travelling Oz at the moment. We would love to meet up if you are still having your monthly get togethers when we get over there. Sharon :wink::wink:

Hey guys want to get in on this too!!! We'll be there in Jan 2012 and would love to get together for the odd bbq or two!! Oh is a floor finisher/electrician we've got 2 boys aged 11 and 13 please keep in touch would be great to have a few friends!!! :)

Yup we would love to do a park .. picnic .. game of ball of some sort , can we gate crash ?? nice chilled out family friendly get too ?? bonfire night with a difference lol:rolleyes: what about steel tree Park on Settlers good for all ages if you bring a ball and barbies there as well ?

is it wheel chair friendly .....? why dont you all get together and hire a bus and come to Thornlie , i`ll cook us all a nice curry and watch the fa cup final again with David .......

Hi paulswin and thepallis,

Just message one of us when you get here and come along. The more the merrier!

I think once a month is great milliemoo! :wink:

And tonyman i am sure it's wheel chair friendly come along if you fancy it?

Rob and Amanda

Hi Rob and Amanda

We will be at The Chase on Nov 5th

Cheers

Marie, Dave Liz & Joe

See you there.

Rob, Amanda, Charlotte and Will :cool:

Guest milliemoo
Meant to ask does anyone know what high schools are around that area???

As well as Tranby they have just started work on Baldivis High School, which is based very close to the Rivergums estate and across the road from Tuart Ridge. I think (someone may correct me here) that they are planning to enrol the first lot of students in 2013.

Archived